Friday, February 6, 2009

Christian Bale Sounds Off

Christian Bale snapped and tore Shane Hurlbut, the Director of Photography, a new one on the set of Terminator Salvation. This incident occurred in July of last year but an audio clip of the incident just recently surfaced. The main point I want to make is that this should have never leaked to the press, although as a blogger I am glad it did. I believe that things like this probably happen often and that it should remain the business of the professionals on set, and I think that usually is the case.

I really like Christian Bale as an actor but after I heard this I thought of this man as a conceited little brat. One of higher paid individuals on set who thinks he is more important to the film than anyone else. Personally I don't understand how one can attack someone so ferociously for something that is seemingly unimportant in the big scope of things. There is no excuse for his little tirade and at first I lost all my respect for him.

However recently Christian Bale came out on KROQ's radio program with Kevin and Dean to apologize (click here). After listening to this seemingly sincere apology I am back on the Christian Bale band wagon. I have no problem with the graphic language, just the way in which the words were directed. People make mistakes and I think that this apology was sincere and that he should be forgiven. According to Bale, Shane Hurlbut has forgiven him and they have let bygones be bygones and so should we.

Christian Bale is a great actor because he cares about the work he is doing and he expects perfection. Terminator Salvation looks like it will be an awesome film and I can't wait to see. First listen to his rant and then listen to his apology and please don't let this stop you from seeing the film. It's going to be a good one. And Christian you're still my boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, everyone likes to blow it out because he's a celeb, but we've all yelled at someone like that before.